This position is within the Operations team of RJS Corporation. The Electrical Technician’s primary responsibility is to Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment per established guidelines and standards. Proper electrical configuration and wiring of RJS products and machinery is a very important function within the company. The Electrical Technician position offers a variety of exposure to standard RJS equipment and custom machinery. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday on first shift. Additional overtime may be available Monday through Friday and on weekends as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the area manager, the Electrical Technician duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Maintain a clean work area, returning equipment and tools at the end of the day
- Assist other departments and functions as needed